Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snowing.....Sewing

The holidays are quickly approaching and there are tons of things I should be doing in preparation..... BUT, it's snowing outside and that seems like a good reason to hunker down and get to some sewing instead! I have had this purse cut out for about a week...just waiting to finish the applique before starting construction. I got a very early start this morning, so I set about stitching and felting and finally finished the appliques. Another hour's work and the purse was complete.....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A couple of weeks ago I posted about the trouble I was having felting a piece of wool in the washer. Finally, I shrunk this piece to a workable size and it just sort of fell into a clutch purse. Here is the finished piece.....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketUnlike most felted wool pieces, this piece retained its stitch texture,but it is nice and thick and feels felted.

1 comment:

Bonne said...

I love the felted "flowering" bag. It's just beautiful!