Thursday, November 29, 2007

Back to Felting Purses

Well, I had to get out of bed this morning at 5:30 because the idea for this purse came to me then. I have enlisted the help of my mother (master-knitter that she is!) to knit me some large squares. I then wash and shrink them and then cut and sew them into purses. She knit me a wonderful dark grey sheet. After washing and stitching this felted wool, I also needle felted some white design on it. It reminds me of winter....sort of reminds me of a snow storm. I will still need to line the purse with fabric, but I am so happy how it has turned out at this point....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
As I type this, I have yet another piece of wool in the washer...hopefully shrinking into a delicious wooly fabric. Stay tuned for the next idea that grabs me!!!

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

hey there Bev. A darling purse. you are just too talented gal..just joking. you do lovely work.
hope you have a great week. post some pics of those new goats.:0)