Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Back to Work

The shopping is done. The presents are wrapped. The cookies are baked. The house is clean and the laundry is up to date. Seems like a great day to get some sewing done! I have several aprons that are ready to be sewn...having cut out a bunch all at one time about a week ago. Wooo Hooooo.....here we go. If you look at my electric meter today, I am sure it is whizzing around merrily as I press that foot peddle on my sewing machine! Thank goodness I have two treadle machines ready to go in case of a power outage.
My first couple of aprons will be reversible Christmas aprons....which I will save til next year. I suppose it is a little late for anybody to want to purchase a holiday apron, but somehow sewing holiday fabric keeps me in the spirit. Here is the first one finished.

Back to the subject of Christmas presents. I was in a quandry as to what to do for Jack's grandmother this year. She is 95 and lives in a nursing home. She has dementia and no longer ambulates very well. Jack is always telling her about our farm and his sister, Becky suggested that I make her a collage of farm pictures for her wall. Afraid that her eyesight might not be good enough to enjoy a picture across the room, I decided to use a terrific website called Shutterfly.com to make her a picture book of the farm. Here is a picture of the finished book and if I can figure out how, I will put a link to the rest of the book.


Click here to view book

One more holiday apron....actually, this would be good year round....winter and summer.

3 comments:

Dixie Amazon said...

They both look great! I especially like the colors in the top one.

Bonne said...

The book for grandmother is just lovely! It's surprising the things that trigger memories with dementia patients. My mother is in a nursing home and hadn't uttered an intelligible word in months, when my brother brought in his new granddaughter baby, and my mom said, "Baby" just out of the blue.
That is a beautiful and thoughtful gift for you to assemble. hugs, Bonne

Tina Leavy said...

what a lovely idea for the grandmother.