Monday, April 30, 2007

All Dressed and Ready for Farm Chores


So, what does a farmgirl wear to do her daily chores? Well, the best dressed farmgirls have 2 essential items on with any outfit.... an apron with lots of pockets and a straw hat for keeping the sun off the face. I've completed my farmgirl accessories for this summer: two aprons, both made from the same vintage flour sack material...each with lots of deep pockets for carrying eggs or the day's harvest. Note that one was made with a pretty fancy front pocket(made from an old doily).....that's my "all gussied up" apron. The other is a chore apron that will come in handy for working in the garden, the henhouse, or the wood shop. These aprons are my own creation...no pattern used, just a little imagination. Of course, no outfit is complete without a matching hat!

4 comments:

Beemoosie said...

Wonderful aprons!! I love your blog...got to get into wearing a hat myself. It's all about finding the right one I guess!

mima said...

You are one talented gal!!!! I REALLY need to get a sewing machine! You are sooo inspiratinal! By the way ,I read your other blog about your cute chickens! I'm also in the chicken market! What kind do you reccomend? HUGS!!! Debi

Anne@BackyardTreasures said...

Very nice aprons! I wish I had more time to sew.

~~Anne
www.homesteadblogger.com/BackyardTreasures

Tina Leavy said...

so cute.