Thursday, April 5, 2007

Green thumbs, dirty fingernails

Spring is here....finally. A long winter of just watering the houseplants has left me with nice nails but a deep longing to dig in the dirt. A warm weather teaser over the past couple of weeks put me in the mood to garden. I spent weeks during the winter pouring over seed catalogs. I ordered new garden gloves, soil cubes, a potmaker; and cleaned out the greenhouse. With everything in order, it was now time to start planting seeds. I placed a small heater in the greenhouse to help with the chilly nights that we still have. Daylight hours are toasty warm inside. This year I have started cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peppers, hot peppers, several varieties of tomatoes, zinnias, cucumbers and summer squash. I figure these will be good sized by the middle of May, when I can transplant them into the garden.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: