Friday, April 6, 2007

The "Girls"

This is a tribute to one woman's best friends. These two gals are my closest friends and who I share my days with. We do just about everything together. They love to go for rides in the car and walks in the woods. They never offer any criticism. They are never moody....just always happy to be with me. They do compete for attention, however. Sadie is our 3 year old Bernese Mountain Dog. Maddie is our 1 year old 130 pound Newfoundland. They are about as different in disposition as two big dogs could be. But they have one huge thing in common......an unlimited supply of love and affection for those that they love. Sure, they are big and hairy and make my life more complicated as a result. But, I would not trade one slobbered up piece of clothes, or one hairy sagebrush blowing across the hall floor for one day in an empty, (lifeless) clean house. Our vacuum works hard , our petfood bills are large. But it is all worth it, for these girls are an endless wealth of enthusiasm. They are the best example of what "Joy" looks like and acts like.

No comments: