Friday, April 6, 2007

Where have all the bees gone??


This week Mike is picking up 5 new hives and their accompanying colonies from a gentleman who is retiring from beekeeping. He also has two colonies on order to replace the two that perished over the winter. We are all concerned. In doing research, we have learned that there is a huge incidence of honey bee death in what concerned researchers are calling "Sudden Colony Collapse". Please read the following article.....

http://www.truthout.org/issues_06/032307EA.shtml



"If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man."
-Albert Einstein

1 comment:

The Keen Bee said...

I ran into your site while looking for pictures of honeycomb to use on my web site. You are very talented- I love your felted purses. Anyway, the reason I am writing is that I am revamping my site and adding links about what's happening to the honey bee. I am a graphic designer/illustrator and plan to give 5 to 10% of my proceeds to any project that is helping the bees. I haven't figured out which program(s) I'd support. In fact I have much more research to do about what's happening to the poor bees! I'd like to copy you and put the Einstein quote and links. I hope that is ok- I'd like your permission because I don't want to infringe on your artistic rights! Well, keep on creating your awesome stuff! Sometime soon I'll have the new site up and will have links - I could link to your site if that'd be ok. Oh, and feel free to visit my site: keenbee.com
Thanks for letting me ramble!
-Julianne