Friday, November 16, 2007

New Apron.....An Exercise in Frustration (Free to a Good Home)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ok, so JoAnn's Fabric had their Simplicity patterns on sale for $1.99 and I found this pattern. Thinking it would make a cute apron for me, I bought it and some fabric and yesterday I made it. Sadly, I made a medium and it ended up huge...like tent sized!!! So, without disassembling it, I set out to make it look a bit more fitted. I fiddled around with elastic but was not satisfied. So, next I decided to attach a permantent sash right beneath the bust. This is what I ended up with....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The final full length view is:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
If you happen to like this apron, e-mail me and it is yours. I would say that it would fit a pretty large range of women from size 8 thru probably size 14. It is yours for the asking!!!!

Addendum....Thanks to my friend Autumn in Louisiana....this little apron has a new home!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That long apron is so cute. Reminds me of my great-grandma Laura in the 30's. Love it!