Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Start of a Quilt

Yoyos......fun little pinwheels of color and texture that help to use up even the tiniest of fabric scraps. Hours of handstitching later and you have an heirloom quilt for pennies. I started these yoyo's this past summer and showed them to my Mom (who immediately wrestled me for the yoyo maker) and she asked to finish using up my fabric scraps for me. I must add that she works at lightening speed! So, with most of the yoyo's finished, I have begun the task of quilt construction. This is the beginning of what will eventually be a gift for one of the kids.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Yesterday's rust cardigan became today's felted bag! It is lined, has a snap closure and a felted wool flower to embellish. Too Cute!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Bonne said...

Oh, I love these felted bags you are whipping out! and all the yoyo's and the lace apron~ Gadszooks!! Crafting tornado!!
thanks for the adorable Halloween Card! Hugs, Bonne ;)