Sunday, October 21, 2007

A New Old Washing Machine

Check out this amazing find. On Saturday, while strolling through an antique market, I came upon this wonderful antique washing machine. It is in perfect condition and still works like a charm. The tub is filled with hot water by bucket, soap added and the washing is done by pumping the handle. The handle powers a gear that turns another gear that causes the agitator to raise and lower. The handle has two potential positions, so that the elbow grease can be applied either standing or sitting. Of all my antiques, this just may be my favorite (with the exception of my old treadle sewing machine!)


I did not get any sewing done this weekend, but concentrated instead on handwork....finishing the stitching on a wool tote project...

No comments: