Monday, October 22, 2007

The Last Bee Project for the Season

Well, after heating and filtering all of the beeswax collected from our hives this summer, the end result was 4 candles....and that was all of the wax from 7 hives...and two honey harvests. I can only imagine how many hives we would need to go into the beeswax candle business. Here are 3 of the 4 candles that I poured from our wax. We will burn them very sparingly and appreciate the warm glow that each gives off....and be ever grateful to our wonderful honeybees!

1 comment:

Bonne said...

"Inger",
I hoard any beeswax I get! LOL
Mostly to make balms and muscle rubs. You can also make scented tarts from the beeswax. I scented some in "Honey" that were quite nice and it doesn't use up so much wax, plus when the scent is spent, you can pop out the remaining wax and use it for other things. (lubricate zippers, make furniture rubs etc.) Your candles turned out so cute! hugs, Bonne