Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What I did with all those strawberries....

This morning's picking produced 8 more quarts of strawberries. After cleaning and hulling them I turned them into:


I had an earlier unsuccessful try at making Jam last week which ended up becoming strawberry syrup.....and to think I followed the recipe. So today I threw caution to the wind and concocted my own recipe....so far, so good...it seems to be jelling nicely. I believe I may have found the solution, and the bonus is: my recipe has less than half the sugar as the other recipe.

2 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

looks wonderful. you did a great job on the design of the label..so cute. hey..I love strawberries..is there any way I can get your recipe? pretty, pretty pleaase..with a strawberry on top? or as my kids would say"I beg you on my hanz an knees"

Tina Leavy said...

thanks for sending along the recipe.here's hoping you have a great weekend too.